Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:35:19 EST
Pat says,

> Dear Dulcie, you're right.  She is frequently billed as "nanny to the
> stars."  Now if she would just take care of stars (celestial type) and
> leave babies alone, we'd all be better  off!  Of course then she wouldn't
> make  buckets of money preying on parents! And most LCs struggle to get
> paid a decent wage :-(   Sincerely, Pat in SNJ

Yesterday was NOT a good day.  I went into one room, and the mom had BabyLies
on her bedside stand.  Two rooms down, the mother had Baby Whipper on her bed
(oh?  did I spell that incorrectly???) (Thanks Anna -- great names for them).
 I did my usual schtick on BabyLies by not mentioning it but pretending I
didn't see it and discuss the importance of cue feeding and not watching the
clock blah blah blah and put The Brochure in w/ her handouts.

In the second room I simply told her that the bf information in that book was
pure Hoggwash -- pure and simple.  It was junk that was totally made up to
fit her philosophy, and that NO one that had any education about
breastfeeding could pay any attention to it whatsoever.  However, I did
believe in listening to your baby, understanding what they are saying, and
treating them w/ respect....though how she totally blows that by saying
babies should be fed on a schedule is anyone's guess.

Blech.

Jan -- ready to open a jewelry store instead of a bookstore because of the
#$%^ that is circulating!