Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 23:07:43 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (35 lines)
I wanted to share this with the entire Lactnet community, but I most especially wanted to give thanks to Natalie, Jane, Kathy, Karen, Rachel, Lara, Esther & Christina.
  You wise women gave me information, tons of advice, encouragement and most of all compassion during a most heartbreaking time.

Drum.... roll....please... My son Benjamin is now a big, happy, breastfeeding baby boy after 9 months EPing.  We very gradually transitioned him back to breast over the winter.  My tools for success were patience, skin- to- skin, finish-at-the-breast method of bottle supplementation from lowmilksupply.org, using haberman bottles, and "dreamfeeding"

I won't give the long boring story, but it started with his congenital oral motor dysfunction, my big nipples and no pooping for his first couple of weeks. (He's my 3rd after succcessful BFing my previous)  

I recall late one night hands free pumping at the computer reading "My Baby just Doesn't Get It" by Diane Wiessinger sobbing, sobbing, sobbing because the oldest example of a baby "getting it" was, like, 6 weeks old.  Well, I'd like to shout it from the rooftops that my son Benjamin gets it, finally!  And, yes, it was worth the wait!

He is 11 months old now and we are enjoying the simple, loving nursing relationship that I took for granted with my first 2 babes.  I will never, ever, ever take that for granted again.

Thank you to each of you who shared so much knowledge and expertise toward my complicated situation.  Benjamin appreciates it!

and Happy Easter!

Mary Herrington, RN, IBCLC
  Memorial Hermann Lactation
  The Woodlands, Texas

---------------------------------
Never miss a thing.   Make Yahoo your homepage.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2