From:
karenspicer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 14:47:10 -0500
The hospital that I work for as a NICU nurse and an LC is reviewing our
policy on how we teach our mom's to pump.  These are a few of the
question that we are seeking answers to. The literature we've reviewed
have conflicting or limited suggestions.  These mom's are all pumping
for a sick infant in the NICU.
1. What do you have the mom's pump into?  Collecting bottle that comes
with pump kit, formula company empty sterile water bottles, plastic BM
storage bags, or soemthing else?
2. What type of storage container do mom's store their milk in?
3. How do you instruct mom's in cleaning their pump kit- in the hospital
and at home?
4.  How frequently do you suggest the mom's pump?
Thanks for thaking the time to reply to my questions!
Karen Spicer RNC, BSN