From:
Karyn-grace Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2007 22:11:43 -0700
Hello to all the wise ones!

I would like to invite anyone on this list who will be at the La Leche
International Conference in Chicago to join my Lactation Management
committee.

I am in the process of mounting a pilot study of the Lactation Management
model of care (remember.dental hygienists vs. dentists?) which aims to
follow expectant women with a certain set of personal barriers to
breastfeeding continuation from their third trimester until weaning at any
age.

I am looking for professionals with a personal interest in this model of
care (hospital based, private practice, wanna-be's, mother-to-mother
support, etc.) to give input and feedback with respect to the tools I am
working on for this study.  These include a 50-point questionnaire that
identifies personal barriers, lists of the many barriers, a scoring chart,
and follow up flow charts among other things.  As well, if we can find a
suitable locale, I will give a short version of my GOLD 07 presentation
"Lactation Management:  How the Current System Fails to Meet the Need."

This will, of course, be in addition to all other conference commitments,
and is separate and apart from the official conference schedule.

If you are interesting in being a part of this, please respond to me
privately either through Lactnet or by emailing [log in to unmask]
Let me know which of the following times would best suit you:

8:00 - 9:45am Saturday, July 21

7:00 - 9:00pm Saturday, July 21

8:00 - 9:45am Monday, July 23

5:45 - 7:15pm Monday, July 23.