From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:32:47 -0600
I was going through some old counseling notes and found a couple of
doozies- these were both written instructions from physicians to
mothers.
Cathy is still no mail and not able to post to the list, so she asked me to
pass these on.

1. Mother told to wean because her breast milk had complex globular
proteins.
2. Another with a one month old baby was told to breastfeed only 3
times a day/ supplemented with pedialyte because he doesn't want baby
to become  "dehydrated on breast milk"- mom called me with baby who
was crying all the time.  This was shortly after Wall Street Jurnal
article

JAck can add these to his stupid reasons list...

Cathy Liles

by way of Kathy Dettwyler