From:
Sharon Aikins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:36:18 -0500
Good morning,
It amazes me that we as lactation consultants and moms can affect change in
so many ways. I need all of your help. All my text books are at the hospital.
My daughter is in Grad school in Chattanooga TN. She attends; Richmont
Graduate University (formerly Psychological Studies Institute) the school is
known for teaching professional counseling from a Christian perspective. She is
studying for a master's degree in professional counseling and marriage and
family therapy. She is in an intensive class this weekend and she has
questions for me?

Breastfeeding questions...
What happens to hormone levels (specifically estrogen and progesterone)
during lactation?
Also, how does breastfeeding affect sexual desire? We’re wondering more
about the physical response than the emotional response.
Yes, we're in class. We have sexologists and a practicing MD and they don't
know the answers for sure. I’m sure you will. :)

So if you could please send me any thoughts or references you have access
to now that would be great. So many of you have so much knowledge and in
so many different areas of breastfeeding, I know you can help!
Thank you for your help.
Sharie Aikins RN, IBCLC