From:
Anne Merewood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 12:15:04 -0500
Have been asked by the adolescent program in my hospital to talk/discuss
for one whole hour on breastfeeding to about 10 teens who are there as
captive audience with their partner/support person. Any ideas about
grabbing their attention? Cow's milk jokes? I am planning to use the "Only
My Mommy" (?) video - the one all about teen BF by teens. Might do
something like "Do you have to be GOOD to Breastfeed" and discuss/dispell
the myths around diet, being tied down, smoking, etc. Any other ideas? I
sometimes work with these moms postpartum but have no direct experience
talking to groups of teens. Any suggestions would be great. I know peers
rule in their world...
Anne Merewood
NMC LLLL