From:
Ann Slaughter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 18:30:10 -0600
Hi Ya'll

Just finished filling out an application from an agency for LC/RN position
and was reading the fine print at the bottom.  It stated "GIFTS AND
ENTERTAINMENT --  policy not to make any gift, (other than nominal holiday
remembrance), or provide entertainment (except routine lunches and dinners
during the conduct or regular business), to any government or union
employee, (except as provided in the Business Conduct Policy). Gifts given
to non-governmental or non-union employees are restricted to a value of up
to $200 (U.S.) per year; where entertainment is involved, lavish
expenditures are to be avoided."

Hope all can read the small print it states that there is a restricted value
of up to $200.00.   This is 4 times what I have ever heard.  Most all jobs I
have been at (in hospitals) either restricted gifts all together, or was
limited to between $25-50.00.

Of course the goodies are the best and most appreciated.  It is really a
nice way to say thank you and we really appreciated your loving care given
to our baby/mom.

Ann