Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 02:24:22 EDT
The Doctor is wrong.  The references to exclusively breastfeed through
diarrhoea are just too numerous to include (thus treating the child).  Plain
old common sense tells to stop food drinks and solids but keep fluid levels
up.  The baby will naturally want to have short, frequent feeds at the breast,
needing a higher proportion of foremilk - just such sensible, clever things
that they are if we are led by their bodily needs through their illness.

I posted on Mon 20 April about discovery of protein called LACTADHERIN in our
breastmilk which protects baby from rotavirus. Study was made in Mexico City
on 200 newborn babies.   No-one has come up yet with where one can find this
research paper - I can't be the only person to read of its existence - surely?

Helen Woodman, NCT BfC, UK