Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 19:44:44 -0800
I am the Lactation Consultant for the Nursing Mothers Program at Kodak
in Rochester, NY.  Medela's Sanvita Programs has the contract with
Kodak, and Sanvita has contracted with me, to provide the Lactation
Consultant services to Kodak.

Kodak has 19 Lactina pumps set-up in 17 rooms in various buildings
throughout Kodak's large Rochester area operations.  Employees are
welcome to use these rooms to pump for as long as they want after their
return to work.  Women pump on break and lunch times.  They each
purchase their own double pumping kit.  They schedule their pumping
times in the rooms through on-line scheduling.  They pump 1 to 3 times a
day, reserving 30 minute blocks of time.

 Kodak also covers my services as lactation consultant for 6 months
after the employee's return to work date.  I orient women to the
program; provide help for questions about breastfeeding, pumping, milk
supply, etc.; contact each mom at least once a month; am available by
phone via voice mail every day; and visit pump locations regularly to
check pump operation, room supplies, etc.

 Kodak has had their Nursing Mothers Program for about 4 or 5 years
now.  Sanvita and I have been providing the services for the last year.
Kodak has been named in several news stories in various media recently
as a major supporter of breastfeeding in the workplace.

Barb Berges BS,RN,IBCLC
Rochester, New York