From:
Pearl Shifer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 07:11:10 EDT
Just my comments:
The notion of "having" to have a vaccine struck a chord. I had pertussis
this winter (whooping cough). I don't think I was vaccinated however,
shouldn't allthose vaccines out there have eradicated the disease???I did
get it from someone and it was terrible.Anyone out there see the WIC (or
NYSDOH) film "Vaccinate before it's too late"? Well, I looked and sounded
just like those two little girls in the film who have whooping cough.
Re: manual expression, it's easy because even I figured it out, to the
extent that I expressed directly into the dreaded bottle. Didn't want to
waste a precious drop, or spill anything. I began by practicing squirting
into a cereal bowl with a wider mouth so I could catch everything, then
got so good that I could do it right into a bottle.

 re: breastfeeding and miscarriage: unfortunately, I had two miscarriages
when breastfeeding a 20 month old (happened almost exactly the same way
twice). So I always feel uncomfortable saying that breastfeeding and
pregnancy are compatible. (I was three weeks pregnant each time,
confirmed by blood tests).

Pearl Shifer, IBCLC