Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2011 01:44:10 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
While passing through the NICU earlier this week, I noticed samples of a product that I had never seen before - 
"Enfamil Human Milk Fortifier Acidified Liquid for Premature & LBW Infants Fed Breast Milk"  Other package labeling includes: "Commercially Sterile, Milk-Based", "4.3: pH-4.7 when mixed with human milk", "Caution: Nutritionally Incomplete: to be used only under the supervision of a physician", "1 Vial [5ml] added To: 50ml breastmilk adds 2 Cal/oz and 25ml breastmilk adds 4cal/oz".  The first four ingredients listed are: Water, Whey Protein Isolate Hydrolysate (Milk), Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT Oil), Vegtable Oil (Soy and High Oleic Sunflower Oils).  What do you know about this NICU product? I am curious about what this product costs in comparison to the now "co-promoted with Abbott Nutrional" Prolacta ["Prolact+ H2MF is the first and only commercially available human milk fortifier made from concentrated 100% human milk. These formulations are fortified with essential minerals and offer protein delivery up to 3.7g/100mL of fortified milk1 and 24 to 30 Cal/fl oz."] (http://prolacta.com/fortifier.php)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2