From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:09:01 -0400
I remember, in the throes of breastfeeding my 3rd child (I had already been
nursing for over 8 years without a break, tandem quite a few of those years)
reading a LLL article. The writer was nursing her newest baby and the young
son said, "How come that baby gets to kiss you all day?" It sure screwed my
head back on straight - talking about re-framing!!

And as Karleen and Rachel note, this is great stuff, this discussion. It
seems to me we are taking a giant leap as a profession if we are beginning
to have great theorists among us. (Can you imagine the textbook - "Theories
of Lactation Behaviors!") Nursing took over 75 years to really get
there...if we can do it in 25, maybe there's hope for us!

Happy in Vermont, USA
Dawn Kersula