From:
Jodi Smart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 12:01:05 -0500
Hi Lactnetters,
        I have been lurking for a while and as always learning so much and
enjoying this wonderful forum.
        I had a mom call me today with a question about recurrent mastitis and I
really did not have a good answer for her so I will pose it to the most
knowledgeable people that I know. She wants to know if there is any
increased risk/incidence of breast cancer in someone that does have
multiple bouts of mastitis. I did a search in the archives and did get one
reference of someone who was helping a mom that had recurrent mastitis and
also blood in the breastmilk and in this case the OB advised a mammogram.
This mom has no bleeding from breast or blood in the milk. There is a yeast
component here that we are working on. (baby was treated but mom
wasn't--ARRRGH!!) Any info that you can give will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Jodi Smart, RN IBCLC
in Port St.Lucie FL. where it is chilly (by FL. standards)