From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 17:32:41 -0800
Yes, Amber, the jury is still out on that.  Surely we've all heard of
the woman that drank a fifth of whiskey and both she and her infant
passed out.  :-(  That, clearly, is dreadful.  (what popular press
book uses that as an illustration?)

OTOH, my daughters both went through a period at about the age of 2
when they *love* beer and even wine.  My dh and I have concluded that
they recognise easy, fast calories and that is very appealing to
someone who doesn't like to sit still for long enough to eat.  maybe
that's why they like candy too.  *sigh*  So, what about the older
child, breastmilk, and alcohol.  I don't know, but I'm not gonna get
drunk just to find out what level of alcohol in my milk my daughters
like.

Oh- what do I say?  I tell women that the general rule is the amount
of *anything* in the milk is about 10% of the maternal dose.  I may
caution that drinking to excess certainly can cause problems for the
baby.

==

Kate Hallberg, mom to Ursula (wow! 4) and Sage (almost 2)
http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina
Does "I hope I've answered your questions" mean "Have I answered?"
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/8193/