From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 1997 13:42:31 -0400
Hi. One of the real problems with lists such as LACTNET is the passing on of
info such as the email virus hoax today.  I know that this was passed on in
good faith, and I am urging anyone who has read this NOT to pass it on to
your friends. The JOKE, and a mean one at that, is the passing on of this
note to zillions of folks who are not savvy to the ways of the internet.

EMAIL, plain old email, cannot pass viruses to your computer.  If there is a
program downloaded, that is different, but the joke is *on* the person who
reads notes like this and then panics and passes them on to all their
colleagues, etc.  ...causing millions of lines of wasted bandwidth, wasted
time and money, etc.  It is all a sad and cruel hoax.

So,, ...DON"T pass this on to anyone..thanks..and especially not to a big
list of folks...I appreciate your efforts to control this. Thanks.

Kathleen
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
http://together.net/~kbruce/kbbhome.html
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html
LACTNET WWW http://www.telcomplus.com/~kga/lactation.html
LACTNET T-SHIRT/Sweatshirts orders go to [log in to unmask]