Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 13:52:15 -0500
Kathy and others,

This was the same thing our church did too as I wrote in a previous posting to Lactnet. Thank you for finding out where these bottles came from I will be sure to write them since I had no success at the local Crisis Pregnancy Center. I am also going to use the idea posted by Jan about getting diapers donated or even if they really want money I will instead make up my own piggy banks or booties for my church members to use instead of the bottles for next year.

And now me going off topic hope you don't mind too much:
On the Wee Witness website it also states how they have a new line at Family Christian stores and they offer bottles, pacifiers and even the clothes/ blankets/ bibs have images of babies with bottles and pacifiers too. This is my big thing for women of faith who then in turn do not breastfeed (and not because of a problem) or only breastfeed a few weeks. They just don't see the importance or connection. I am always trying to get the message out to women of faith (even no matter Christian, Jew or Muslim etc) that God made breasts for breastfeeding and (will say to Christians Jesus was breastfed!) And how when we who say we believe in God and trust Him and then we choose a man made way to feed our baby it says something and it also shows that we are not good sterwards of what God has given us-using money to buy formula instead of using free breastmilk that also saves money in so many other ways. I tell them how breastfeeding is in the Bible ( they are always surprised by that and my favorite verse in my sig. line) and the Bible talks about much more than it being just for feeding but about comfort and trust! Because I see so many just feeding breastmilk, though from the breast, but it is only about feeding to them. There is a website that goes into this more http://pages.tca.net/mpwalker/index.html  From The Christian Family's Guide to Breastfeeding, by Mary P. Walker, MS Ed, and Rowena L. Tucker, IBCLC I have new financial interest in this site or book. I was just so happy to see I wasn't the only one who feels this way.

I hope I didn't go too far off topic, I apology if I did, this is a just topic that makes me get on my soapbox.

Kim Ann

Kim Ann Lorber
Breastfeeding Educator and mom to 3 breastfed boys
Psalms 22:9 NIV
Yet you brought me out the womb; you made me trust in you even at my mother's breast.