From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 19:09:10 -0400
>her milk did not have what the baby needed since
>her diet was so poor

Whenever diet comes up, I tell clients their milk is a blood product.
"How's your blood holding up these days?  Keeping you conscious?  Are
you feeling reasonably okay?  Fingers and toes still alive?  Well
then, your milk is fine too."  I've had a client stew because she
didn't get a beverage on an airplane - and how is she supposed to
nurse the baby under those conditions?  I'll bet Kathy Dettwyler's
Mali moms could tell her how...

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY