From:
Denise Punger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 20:07:05 PDT
As I listen to mother's reasons why they were unable to nurse, I usually can
blame it on the HCP'S ignorance, but this case I can't figure out in
retrospect.

A mother of a 9 pound baby was told if the baby wasn't satisfied nursing
than it is OK to supplement with a small amount of formula after nursing.
She said a lactaton consultant told her this. I never had a chance to
question the mother furthur. My question is "Is there any scenarios that
informed IBCLC would tell amother to supplement in a healthy full term
newborn?"  "Since I can't think of any scenarios myself, Do you think a
misinformed HCP gave the mother this advice and the mother may have thought
it was an IBCLC?"

Please excuse typing errors. William is playing with keyboard and Scott is
nursing.
                    DENISE PUNGER M.D.

http://doctor.medscape.com/denisepungermd