From:
Spencer Joslin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2008 12:13:04 +0000
Thank you to those who wrote to offer suggestions and support.
The mom wrote today that she was able to reach an agreement with the CEO, at least for now.  She will be using an empty office to pump, rather than her own private office, which the CEO felt was an inappropriate place to pump (?!?).  The mom suspects that her immediate supervisor spoke with the CEO explaining that some solution needed to be found in order to keep this valuable employee!
This case has really brought home to me that workplace protections are so important....what *we* see as a no-brainer (working mom needs to pump for her baby!) isn't a given in the non-lactating business world!  So I'm exploring ways to advocate for more protection in states such as OH, and will be contacting my representatives in my state to thank them for the protection I enjoy in CT.
Thank you for your support and assistance!
~Spencer
(mom of BFing 19 month old, worked and pumped till 1 year)

--
E. Spencer Joslin-Montlick, MD