From:
MunchknLLL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 14:35:40 EST
Hi everyone!

I don't think we can compare stating that a prominent mom has breastfed her
baby to the outing of gay men and lesbians. No one is going to be hurt if we
say publicly that someone has or was breastfed. Because of the discrimination
and hatred gay people face, the same cannot be said for publicly declaring
another's sexual orientation.

I'm really not trying to start a discussion of gay rights on Lactnet!

Carol Kelley, LLLL  ( who was making gingerbread cooky dough for a LLL toddler
meeting when I read "Twas two weeks before Christmas")