From:
Gordon Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 14:55:34 EST
A local nurse, who will be teaching a breastfeeding course soon, has asked me
for
information regarding breastfeeding and breast cancer.  We have all the info. in

BF and Human Lactation, and Lawrence, but is there any new research that you
know of, or some place that can provide new info?  Questions come up that are
difficult to answer.  For instance, are cancer cells passed on to the baby
through breastmilk and what happens if they are?  Obviously, the mother would
wean if she was diagnosed and had to have chemo, but then she may worry about
her baby.  What about new info re prevention of breast cancer and breastfeeding?
If you have any information to share could you please Email me privately.
Thanks!

Linda Blake,LLL, IBCLC.