Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2014 06:55:22 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
I would like to speak to anyone who has experience testifying in a custody case on behalf of a nursing mom.
I have been approached and am undecided if I want to get involved.  
PTP:
"Prior to this upcoming hearing, we were sent to mediation by the judge when we could not agree on this issue, but it was quite clear he was leaning toward giving her father the overnights, because, in the judge's words in regards to breastfeeding "you're going to be doing that what, another couple of months? That can't last forever. You can give her formula- the AAP says that's fine". This was when my daughter was just 5 months old. I'm now in a position where I can't possibly produce enough milk for one overnight, let alone the two in a row he is asking for. I'm making enough milk for my daughter each day, and not any more. So he's not just suggesting interrupting our breastfeeding relationship for nearly 3 straight days each week, but he's also suggesting that I be forced to give her formula to supplement the fact that I don't have enough milk for her."

Ugh!  Baby is now 7 mo and there is a court date in Sept.  Anyway, if there is anyone in the NJ area who may wish to get involved as I am
leaning towards not - they will pay you.
Please LMK - 

Maria Parlapiano RN IBCLC RLC
[log in to unmask]

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2