From:
kym smythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:13:55 -0500
Hi Jo-Anne,

I'm an LC who has breastfed my twins (now 4 yo) and now specialize in
helping multiples.  I've spoken on the subject locally as well as in
Alaska and at the 1999 ILCA Confernece in Boca Raton.

The most important thing is for that family to have as much help as
possible.  Especailly with other jobs around the house, etc.  AS far as
the breasstfeeding is concerned, it's is important for somemone else to
be there in the early days to hand babies back and forth and sometimes
even to latch someone one.  Helping mom figure out positioning with more
than one is also a key.

I'll be glad to write more if you'd like me to elaborate.

Or, if you can get your hands on a copy, feel free to listen to our tape
from ILCA.

I co-presented there with Terriann SHell, who was my live-in LC/DOula
for three weeks after my girls were born.

I'd encourage you to contact her too.  tshell@ideafamilies,org
--
Kym Smythe, MEd, IBCLC
Bear, DE, USA