From:
Kirsten Berggren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:58:26 -0400
LaMa Bra was considerate enough to send me a personal and speedy reply
to my email

Pasted below:

Many thanks for your response and review. And you have hit the nail on
the head with our ultimate goal to deisgn a bra to fit all mothers,
all stages, and all nursing/weaning/engorgement needs :)

And to your specific point, we have designed a few styles to be for
both engorgement comfort and for nursing...where it's a structured
multi flap that open in the front and them from the inside.  But the
testing showed it did not provide the support, keep a shape and then
also the offer the room to hold the cold paks.

Women found it either it was too tight and binding (and we don't want
to cause clogged ducts) or on the other side of the spectrum, too
loose to support the breasts and was found to be uncomfortable.  But,
rest assured we are still working to develop a one bra fit all needs...

So, yes, the current design of LaMa Bra is to be worn to address
engorgement only and then a mother would move back to the nursing bra
in between.  And it's a calculated design to apply the appropriate
amount of pressure to work on engorgement in the weaning stages...but
to your point, more for the woman that may not be nursing every
two-three hours..

Also, as the most effective use, the cold paks are applied for about
20 mins up to four times a day, so ,mothers that are nursing have used
it for relief in that period of time, and then switched to their
nursing bra with flap openings.

We've gotten close to getting it right, but also with multiple flaps
and layers, we are cautious not to cause friction or unneeded extra
stimulation to the breasts.

All in all, fingers crossed we will eventually get there with a style
that meets all needs.  But also don't want to produce a produce that
sounds wonderful and meets the needs .. but then wears uncomfortable.

Again, many thanks for your input and know that we agree with your
comments and are trying to develop the next rounds of LaMa Bras.