From:
Renee Mercier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 08:03:08 -0800
<http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/living/health/16605280.htm?source=rss&channel=montereyherald_health>

Typical article: starts off mentioning the "benefits of breastfeeding"
ends up by saying "breastfeeding is a personal decision" and that "moms
need choice"... check out this quote:

But Gail Wood, a spokeswoman for Enfamil formula maker Mead Johnson
Nutritionals, said the diaper bags and other freebies are aimed at
getting moms who use formula to choose their brand, not at encouraging
moms to chose formula over breast-feeding.

"We think that moms deserve the right to have as much access to
information about how to feed their babies as possible," Wood said.
"These are all very personal decisions. I think with a hospital that
does go baby-friendly, they're shortchanging their moms."

It also annoys me that these articles always refers to the marketing
materials as "goodies".

Thank you for letting me vent :)

Renee Mercier RN IBCLC
Washington State