Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:13:04 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)

ok..... the first conference i attended with my "nursling" was held by Cris Mulford and Kay Hoover... Only as I landed in Pa did it occur to me that I might not be allowing in  with my child/ 

I attended many conferences with this child/ I was fortunate, he was content to sit and play quietly ... 

I have always felt that the issue was not the children/ it is the parents who are not attentive to their child's needs or respecting of the other attendees. 

We need to practice what we preach/ We can not preach K2K/ attachment parenting and leave our children in the care of others... The difficult part comes in knowing your child and their ability or lack there of to be quiet and respectful. 

I was at an ILCA conference many many years ago when there was a huge controversy about this/ the woman creating the problem had a child who wouldnot/ could not sit quietly and was distruptive in session... 

It is not an easy issue/ I too am active on a conference committee and we too like others provide a room for mother's and babies who need time to be roudy and allow mother's to listen. 

Patricia

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2