From:
Mary Kay Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 09:46:16 -0600
I knew I had something in writing at work so waited to anwer this. Anne
Eglash MD from Wisconsin had an article int he ABM News, Vol. 4, no. 1,
1998 on this very topic. It is a case report which discusses this. There
are no studies that support this theory but she states: "lectithin has
been observed clinically to prevent the reoccurance of plugged ducts in
breastfeeding women" a quote referenced to R. Lawrence 4th ed. Many
other factors can cause plugged ducts such as oversupply, poor latch on,
constrictive clothing, breast trauma or infections. Perhaps a
nutritionist who understands the connection can help us out.
Mary Kay Smith, IBCLC
Romeoville IL