Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:02:00 EST

<< Brewing a cup of tea with one bag each of fennel and
 fenugreek, steep for 5-10 minutes and drink 2-3 cups a day will give the
 medicinal effect you are looking for.   >>

I was told by a PharmD that in order to get the same effects  of the caplets
containing 610 mg of fennugreek,  a mother would have to drink approximately
30 cups of the tea. Also that  the therapeutic effect of the tea varies with
the amount used and the time steeped.
Nine caplets a day of fennugreek equals 5490 mg of fennugreek so are you
saying that a cup of steeped tea contains 2745 mg of fennugreek?
This is the problem that I see in using herbal preparations--there is so much
confusion about dosing, brands, and types.

Barbara Whitehead, IBCLC
Eastern NC