From:
"kirk b. spear" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 15:11:51 -0800
Hi all!

This is Jill from cloudy Northern Cakifornia.  Just a couple of comments.

For the mom with the red ring around her aereola - sure sounds like yeast.
I would recomend the Yeast Connection and the Woman by William Crook, MD.
The yeast can be treated herbally, most doc'c are reluctant to do meds.  As
she has already gone the prescription route (was that before antibiotics?)
maybe herbs and diet would work. The company Twin Labs makes an herbal combo
specifically for yeast.  Also persistant cracks and those yeasty beastys
make moms more prone to mastitis.  I nursed for 3 years with psoriasis on my
nipples and had like 15 breast infections!  REST, REST, REST!!!!  Nice hot
bath, let the breast hang free from the chest wall.  Nurse on all fours with
the baby on the floor.  I always joke to moms that then their partner will
really think they've lost their mind!!!

As for nursing in public - I feel that sometimes when I see a mom nursing in
public she perceives me as being negative.  I try to smile and nod but with
3 young children I'm usually distracted (running after my boy!).  We need an
international high five sign!

I'm loving Lactnet.  Does that mean I'm a Lactnut?