From:
Wendy Goldenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 10:28:15 -0400
My apologies for the confusion.  Here's the message I posted without the
little stars. For those who may be unfamiliar, the SMB Breastpump is Ameda
Egnell's pump which is similar to Medela's Classic.

(The new Ameda electric breastpump is called "Purely Yours" - it's made by
Hollister)

When we tested the new Ameda electric breast pump in the spring, we were
given 5 pumps to test.  I gave 3 to moms who were renting the Elite and 2
to moms who owned and were using the Pump in Style. Unfortunately, I didn't
have the opportunity to test the pump out with a mom who was using the
Classic or SMB.

I read the surveys from all five moms, and they all were complimentary.
(One mom asked me if she could purchase hers!) I think that one did
complain that it didn't have a nifty bag like the PNS. (which is does now.)

I still feel very strongly that only moms who have a well established milk
supply should buy either of these pumps. In my opinion, they really
shouldn't be a substitute for the rental pumps if the baby is in the NICU
or if nursing isn't going well.

Wendy Goldenthal
Nursing Mother Supplies (tm)