From:
Wendy Goldenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 09:30:07 -0400
Margery Wilson asked:

The patient is wondering if
breast tissue is still "too dense for mammography" when she
is doing such a token amount of bf? She doesn't really want
to totally wean, but she is most worried of repeating her own
mother's history :-(

A few years ago, I called Kay Hoover and asked her this very same question.
I was really pleased when she told me that, yes, the mom could have the
mammogram, but it was important for her to find a radiologist who could
read the film of a lactating mother.

At that time, she actually gave me three names of Radiologists in the
Philadelphia area.

Maybe she needs to contact more radiologists..."No" seems to be the easy
answer here.

Warmly,

Wendy
Nursing Mother Supplies