Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:11:35 -0500
Since moving to the Mid-Ohio Valley, I have met more than 24 cleft-affected
babies. I find it unusual, because these are babies of mothers who want to
breastfeed or breastmilk feed. If this many mothers want to breastfeed
cleft-affected babies, how many more babies are out there who are not
breastfed? My friend who works with local speech-affected children states
she has seen more cleft-affected babies in the past 10 years than ever
before.

The mid-Ohio Valley is known for chemical pollution, people live around
here, they work in the plants, and are exposed on a daily basis.

I wonder about mid-line defects and pollution.

Best wishes,
Sam Doak

We're going to Candy Mountain, Charlie!

Dear Friends:

Another reason for tongue tie could be progesterone used to hang on to a
pregnancy; tongue-tie is a mid-line defect,and progesterone is associated
with mid-line defects.

A mother I worked with discovered this in her own research.

warmly,

Nikki Lee RN, BSN, MS, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI
craniosacral therapy practitioner
www.breastfeedingalwaysbest.com