From:
Alicia Burgett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 23:05:35 -0500
In taking a peek at this book on Amazon.com, i noticed that the publication
date is 1998.  Is anyone else curious about this?  Helen, do you know if it has
been revised recently, and i just didn't see that?

I feel very frustrated about this topic lately, as it seems to be cropping up in
my clientele in record numbers this past year, and with so many variations!

Like most all the other posters on this topic, i question what is going on, and
second-guess my own findings quite frequently.   And whether to harass my
local peds yet again, or automatically refer to the less invasive CST and hope
for the best, is a real struggle - feeling pretty helpless lately in some of these
cases, and wondering if I have changed, or have the babies?

At least it is gratifying to know that i am not the only one noticing the rise in
incidence lately - also, i've noticed a bit more in girls than ever before, as
well.
Again, am i oversensitive to this lately, or is it really more prevalent?  Have we
beaten this topic to death yet? LOL.

Cheers,
Alicia Burgett, IBCLC in PP
Spokane, WA