Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2013 14:37:35 -0600
What has frustrated me for years is the lack of comparison that is objective between different pumps.  The only thing I ever saw and that was only in fine print in an ad SEVERAL years ago was a comparison based on milk fat levels obtained by a certain pump as compared to another pump along the pumping continuum.  This had to do with the better the pump drained the breast, the higher the milk fat levels obtained in the continuous samplings of milk.  I really think that the only way you can get accurate info is to put automatic data collectors on pumps that would take away the human error factor so you could get accuracy as to use factors as well as volume factors.  And each mom should serve as her own control.  Susan Burger - I think you are a great statistician - maybe you could design the ideal study?