Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:17:09 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
I had an interesting client about four years ago. I was speaking with a group of women at my B/Feeding clinic one August p.m. & this lady came in with her hands on her hips sticking her breasts forward & saying "well, you can see I don't need you this time" I asked her to tell the mums her story which went like this. 5 years previously she had had a baby. She came for help/advice as she had inverted nipples, one worse than the other. With lots of determination she succeeded in getting that baby on the "easy-side" when she was 3+ weeks & on the difficult side at 6+ weeks. During that time she did lots of expressing. She continued to breastfeed until baby was over 2 years. At 35/40 she came to our ante-natal classes for a refresher & then had her 2nd baby around term, needed help again , got baby on easy-side at 11 days & on difficult side at around 3 weeks, nipples not so inverted this time. Breastfed again for 2+ years & now five years later having just had her third baby had protruding nipples. Her advice for women with inverted nipples was [1] get help, [2] persevere [3] do long-term breastfeeding & eventually the nipples will protrude.
Clare Kedves, Infant Feeding Co-ordinator, London, UK now Nana to 4week-old Sofia who had ALHE on day 3.close to the time of baby Lachlan. I am SOOOOO pleased that there has been so much discussion about the latter, I can only talk about it now.

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2