From:
Linda Pohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 00:02:51 -0700
Barbara,

This lady has already proven she can carry to term while nursing.  She did
it 11 months ago.  With mom's proven track record I think it would be up to
the Dr. to prove that there might be more harm from nursing to the new baby
than benefit to the older children.

I do remember a woman in an LLL group that I attended while a Leader
Applicant (1988) that was nursing an 8 month old, a two year old and a 41/2
year old.  The oldest was thin but not skinny, the second was moderately
plump and the baby was a butterball.  Baby needed nothing but mom's milk
until the middle of the first year, if I recall correctly.

I am sure nursing three means she will have to observe closely to be sure
baby gains and grows appropriately.  She will probably need to eat well or
she would be very tired.

Linda Pohl, IBCLC
Phoenix AZ