Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:23:29 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (30 lines)
Amy,

One of the things that helps me most when I hit a brick wall is to remember that all our work is for the future, not just the present. When you cannot get through that wall, you can at least tell the truth and give good info. After twenty plus years working in the same geographic area, moms tell me their friends said I would tell the truth and give good info. And we have a good number of moms who breastfeed and enjoy it with SECOND babies - "I quit breastfeeding because it was so overwhelming and then realized it was the mothering, not the breastfeeding!"

One thing that amazed me when I studied for the exam the first time (back in '92), after being a Leader for 9 years, was the tone of Ruth Lawrence's book. What I basically took from it was, "This is the way it works best. You can screw around with the process a lot, but it will sure go easier if you know and do these basics." I try to remember that when I'm counseling, and remember that they can probably screw it up a good deal and it will still be at least partially okay.

So I talk to myself -- and I say nice things! - and do the best I can, and keep plugging on. (The Apostle Paul said, "Don't be weary in well-doing" and "Provoke one another to love." They are both good to remember!)

Dawn M. Kersula RN, FACCE, IBCLC
The Birthing Center at BMH
17 Belmont Avenue
Brattleboro, VT 05301
802-257-8278
[log in to unmask]

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2