From:
Judy Holtzer Knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 14:06:23 -0900
In her marathon "multiple replies" of July 23, Marie Davis wrote some
interesting generalizations re the 3 mo. milk disappearance. I thought
that they were interesting because a couple did not happen to me, and I
was wondering about how "general" these generalizations really were and
maybe we should be careful about thinking of them as generalizations.
Whew! That was pretty complicated, but I hope you caught on.
(1) I did notice that my body seemed to have gotten the idea what it was
supposed to do, and I experienced significantly fewer episodes of
fullness. However, I continued leaking. Most embarrassing was going to the
American Embassy to pick up the baby's passport, and suddenly started
gushing. With baby in my arms, I couldn't even stop the leak. She was 5 mo old.
(2) *Thank goodness* I didn't go back to original bra size at 3 mo! Only
when lactating did I look reasonably feminine.....Before pregnancy, I
wore a bra whose name was Little Fibber. Need I say more? Sigh.

I usually tell women "some do this, and some do that" or "most women do
this, but lots don't". I wouldn't like to trap myself with my own
generalizations....... :-&  Judy K. sweltering in Beer Sheva, Israel