From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:31:52 +0000
Nipple pain is my clue.  And when it's stated that the slight drop in
milk supply, is the cause of the nipple pain, it makes sense to me.
_Some_ mothers who pump a lot, also state they have a drop in output.

I've never heard of anyone drying up.

I didn't have a 'baby' as my periods didn't return for over two years.
But my nursling nurses more often, and for longer.  My drop in
supply/pain is more pronounced during ovulation, not menstruation.  I've
often wondered 'though, if I perceive him to be nursing more and for
longer, as I'm noticing because its tender/hurts. So I'd suggest the
painful nipple, and feelings of "Urgh, get off me." is the main 'cause'
of saying it's the baby that's fussy.

As I said, the info in the circles I'm in, will talk about a slight drop
in supply, that springs back up quickly.  Not significant, not 'dry up'
and no particular 'fussy baby' myths.

But it sure hurts!  :-)  It's why I came to lact-net for the answer to
the hurts!  (Calcium/magnesium supplements - and those sure work for me.)

Morgan Gallagher