Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 23:07:33 EDT
As I am sitting here scanning all the wonderful information I see shared on
Lactnet, I remembered how I felt 18 yrs ago when I first became a LLL leader
and encountered a difficult situation. So scared and alone. Many times I felt
like I was battling a force larger then I and for every step forward, there
were two steps backwards. And I remember many situations that LLL couldn't
offer more then moral support. We have all grown and developed so much in our
profession. And still we share  our sucesses and failures. So for all the
support, we share, thank you!

Barbara Whitehead, BS, IBCLC
Ayden NC

PS- went to a conference last week for Public Health and couldn't help notice
the difference. They had lots of Powerpoint with lots of important looking
graphs and data with very serious presenters. There were no babies in sight,
and no discussion of poop, nipples, leaking breasts or menstrual cycles. No
silly songs about breastfeeding and no one wearing breast hats or eating
breast cupcakes. I'm not even sure these people knew where babies came from
or how pleasurable babies are. It was a very boring conference!!