From:
Sulman Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 22:55:16 -0900
I hope my earlier comments did not sound too off-the-wall.  I was
responding to the original post I had read in a digest, and didn't yet have
the update when I suggested pumping for this mother in the cardiac ICU.
Her situation sounds very serious.  I would certainly like to be better
informed about this illness.  It sounds as though a number of us have
encountered it.  How often does it occur? Could someone knowledgeable post
about risk factors, preventative measures, early signs and treatment
modalities?  Thank you, Francoise, for sharing the statistics about
morbidity and mortality.

I feel for Joanne as the aunt of this new baby, wanting her to have the
best beginning in the midst of this crisis.  If donated milk that you have
collected is used, may I make a plea to try to rule out thrush in the
donors as well as the other factors like HIV and hepatitis that are tested
for?  I am sure the milk bank will give you clear information, also, and
perhaps banked milk would be the safest alternative and most acceptable to
your brother.

Our good wishes and prayers go with you for a positive outcome for this family.

Anne Altshuler, RN, MS, IBCLC and LLL leader in Madison, Wisconsin
mailto:[log in to unmask]