From:
Tench Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:34:22 +0200
Sorry, this is the husband typing.  Can't really understand this one.  Here's the local restaurant life from "The Park Slope Parent Trap" in today's NYT:

"One woman had her shirt completely unbuttoned, her pretty pink, lacey maternity bra on display. Another had one breast lopped over the top of her tank top. The third had twins. She wasn’t wearing a shirt — or a bra for that matter — just a hoodie sweatshirt unzipped with a baby at each breast. She walked around the restaurant with them in her arms, her body swaying in a comforting dance."

Now here's the comment on this from the article's author, Samantha Storey:

"I admired their lack of self-consciousness but had to admit I was uncomfortable — it was as if I had landed in a private living room, and it felt as if I were privy to their intimacy unbeknownst to them."

Public exposure like this does indeed make people uncomfortable.  This isn't some new Bushie idea.  It goes back thousands of years, being mentioned as long ago as the Jewish Talmud.  And it goes as far away as any country in the world except some aboriginal tribes discovered by the National Geographic of fifty years ago.  There have always been some limits on this kind of public exposure.

We want more BF.  Why marginalize BF'rs as crusading exhibitionists?

Huh??