From:
Jennifer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:03:18 -0500
I couldn't agree more.  It also goes beyond the visitors being
uncomfortable - I also had a constant stream of visitors at what seemed like
all hours.  After my 3rd baby was born by c-section, it was almost
impossible to nurse discreetly especially since he would have rathered
sleep.  It was too easy to "forget" to put him to the breast and had I been
less experienced could have posed a real problem for establishing
breastfeeding.

It seems there is an assumed link between natural childbirth and having the
whole world visit in the first few days.  While it was nice to see everyone,
I would have loved to have established visiting hours to say "you can only
come during these times".   I wonder how receptive hospitals would be?

Jennifer Cassini, LLL Leader and mother to 3