From:
"Linda J. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:05:34 -0500
Lamaze International (formerly ASPO Lamaze) has a decent magazine for
pregnant families. It's free to member-instructors and may be available on
some other basis to others.

It's my understanding that Canada has officially endorsed the WHO Code.
Therefore, it is a violation of your country's position regarding the
marketing of infant formula to distribute this magazine. Canada's top BF
strategy for the next two years is to get hospitals Baby-Friendly. Using
"educational" materials that have a conflict of interest with your national
policy is unethical and undermines your national health goals. If you are
"fanatical," you are in good company. Your partner, in fact, is the one
being "fanatical" by wanting to advertise a product that is known to
increase illness, which is unprofessional at best.

My web site has an editorial on "Free Booklets Aren't Free". In the
"Resources" section you will find the link to Lamaze International.

Linda J. Smith, BSE, FACCE, IBCLC
Bright Future Lactation Resource Centre
Dayton, OH USA
http://www.bflrc.com