From:
Sharon S Knorr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 15:40:42 -0500
Dear Barb,

Before we get all bent out of shape, I have to assume that this post is
meant to be some kind of sarcastic joke (?)  Are we supposed to
substitute "formula company" for "breast pump companies" in order to get
the real point of this message?   If not, you really need to supply some
specifics - place, time frame, etc. - and some solid facts which can be
checked out before you start making such sweeping condemnations of a
profession and the "two GIANT breast pump companies" (I wonder who you
are referring to?) which are running what you are implying is a
nation-wide campaign to defraud patients.   Not to mention the fact that
we would all like to know how your nurses got routine reimbursement for
breastfeeding-related products.  If this had really happened I would have
to believe that somone else in the lactation community would have heard
about it.   What "major city" do you live in anyways?

Sharon Knorr
Lactation Consultant Services
Rochester, New York
mailto:[log in to unmask]