From:
Linda Pohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 12:12:21 -0700
Hello all -

I've had a stray thought and wondered if you all had seen any research on
this idea:

We know soy formulas have a lot of estrogen.  Has anyone looked at whether
the type of milk (cow, soy, or human) fed to an infant has any effect on
sexual preference as the individual ages?  With all of the hormones, could
this even have an effect?

The question came to mind after a dad in my office mentioned that they would
never supplement with soy formula because his sister who was Seventh Day
Adventist had seen a study linking high soy consumption to infertility in
Seventh Day Adventist males.  I didn't question his reference since I was
there to answer his questions, he wasn't there to answer mine.

Linda Pohl, IBCLC
Just  an idle question from Phoenix AZ