From:
Linda Rosetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:36:37 -0800
To all you wise ones out there,

I have a different sort of problem...we gave a mother in our nursing mothers
support group who has two daughters she is presently tandem nursing.  One is
about 5 months the other is 3 1/2.  The older child has recently been
diagnosed as autistic.  The older daughter won't take any fluid except
nursing and an occasional bottle of juice.  The child will take finger foods
(very selective)  She is a healthy child and weight is OK but the parents
have tried everything to help this little one.  We thought she might try an
SNS and finger feed.  Have any of our lactnet Drs. dealt with a situation
like this.  How about web sites or listservs?  She is taking her daughter to
our local pediatric OT who is very pro breastfeeding.

Linda Rosetti RN, IBCLC
Clarkston, Wa