Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:53:23 +0200
My breastfeeding class was interrupted this morning by a young soldier who
came to show the mothers how to put their babies into the plastic
contraption which is to protect them in case of a bio/chem attack.  It is
sort of like a plastic envelope with an air pump which pushes clean air
through and does not allow the contaminated air in.
I have pictures for anyone who wants to have in their files of breastfeeding
in war time or whatever. E-mail me and I will be happy to send them to you.
Tel Aviv is on high alert since the start of the campaign in Iraq, having
been the target of scuds in the last war in 1991.
My main job now is to keep moms calm and to keep the milk flowing.
Stay safe!!

Esther Grunis, IBCLC
Lis Maternity Hospital
Tel Aviv, Israel