From:
Arly Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 05:33:47 -0700
>The work on skin to skin care for preterm infants (Kangaroo Care) has
>frequently shown that a side benefit of this type of care is increased
>milk production.

I just read today that "more milk results when breast skin temperature is
high."  No citation, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it until
corroborating evidence comes up, but it WOULD fit with this model of
kangaroo care-> more milk, since kangaroo care would result in higher
breast skin temperature.

Arly Helm

[log in to unmask] (Arly Helm, LC)